Sunday, February 21, 2010

In the Mood for Crocheting

I've gotta do lots of things: a huge pile of ironing, marking papers, de-cluttering the study, cooking... and other stuff that has to be done at home. However, I've been infected by the "crochet virus". It sure is contagious. Since the moment I saw Yvonne's blanket, I've wanted to make mine. As I know myself very well, I wouldn't be able to finish a big project like a blanket. So I decided to crochet a pillow instead. I normally prefer modifying the patterns I find on the net, but Yvonne's was sooooo beautiful that I used similar colors and made my last rounds with ecru. First I thought a 5x5 granny square pillow would be enough for a pillow, but I've decided to add another row to make it a 6x6-granny-square one. I'm sure it will look much better after blocking it.


The reason why I am not able to do big projects is that I want to go on and on with crocheting. But I don't want to do the same pattern all the time. Let me clarify this with a good example: There was one other pillow that I've come across in a few blogs, click here and here to see my top 2 favorites please. I believe you're starting to guess what's coming next, so I'll confess: Mea Culpa! I've been making the other pillow all day. And I haven't finished the previous one, yet!




Before you accuse me of being whimsical, please take a look at the pictures and tell me if you could resist making these plain but at the same time charming flowery granny squares?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.