Monday, January 25, 2010

Snow and even more snow

The expected snow storm was not stormy on Sunday. There was snow only in the gardens of apartment buildings and on cars.



But today, miraculously, in less than 30 minutes our street looked like this:


But did that stop me from going out? Of course not! A very dear friend, who was trying to recover from a cold, invited me for an early 5 o'clock tea-party. To be precise, it was 1 pm and I, very, quickly got dressed and left home. Destination: Confectioner's. Mission: to get the best macaroons in town. Aren't I lucky to be living only 5 minutes away from the superduperdelicious macaroons?



Anyway, the journey to my friend's place, which normally takes 20 minutes max, took me 50 minutes this time. It was a long, cold, but fun walk because:
1. I love the sound of snow crunching under my feet.
2. Most people don't like winter as the cold makes them feel down. Au contraire, cold weather makes me more energetic. I'm definitely a winter person.
3. Snow makes people smile more often. Even the grumpy old people were smiling gently today.
4. There were less cars than usual, hence, the air was fresher.

Nothing could be more comforting than a cup of delicious English tea, accompanied with home-made focaccia and goat cheese, and macaroons after such a long walk in the cold. Yummm! By the way, my favorite flavor is violet when it comes to macaroons.



Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention the beautiful scenery from her window.



Adorable, isn't it?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.